Friday, March 25, 2011

Hemmingway's Yelp

From the good people at McSweeney's:


Sun City Asian Bistro and Café
Category: Asian
TWO STARS
I called Sam and asked him if he wanted to come to dinner but he said he had softball practice and I said that was a damned shame and hung up. When I got to Sun City Bea and Rob were at were at the bar, behind tattooed women and men with guitars. They were sitting in the shade and their beers were half empty. We drank beer and ate pho but Rob was restless and did not talk very much. He said he wanted to go see a band that was playing in a dive bar across town. Bea called him a smug hipster and Rob called her a bitch and I sat and drank my beer and wished I had not come. They left early and I paid for Bea's spring rolls and went home alone.



:

No comments:

Post a Comment